I am a HUGE spicy person, so when I discovered this easy, delicious recipe I made it in bulk (no shame here). Not only is this blender restaurant style salsa easy to make, but it has simple ingredients that you may already have at home or can run to the grocery store and purchase at a reasonable price. Oh yeah, did I mention that this salsa is super duper healthy & can pretty much go on anything & everything? Sounds like a good gig to me. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 oz) cans fire roasted tomatoes, drained for chunkier salsa
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 lime, juiced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 small white onion, cut into chunks
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, omit for milder salsa
- 1½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pulse ingredients together in a food processor or blender until you reach desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste.