As I embark on my Vegan journey, I’m finding more & more mixtures of deliciousness. A great rule of thumb (& great news) is that you can eat as MANY vegetables as you want!
Some benefits of vegetables are:
- Vegetables are super low in calories & super high in nutrients & minerals. All the Green-Yellow-Orange vegetables are rich sources of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, beta-carotene, vitamin B-complex, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, and vitamin K.
- Veggies are rich antioxidants. This means they help reduce stress, diseases & cancers, as well as help your body boost immunity.
- Vegetables increase your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), so when you add lots of veggies to your diet you will actually LOSE weight. The concept behind this is *negative calories* heck yes!
Here is a recipe I whipped up in the kitchen the other day. Jaxon was playing so I needed something quick but filling & yummy. All of the ingredients I got at Trader Joes. Shopping for our growing family (including two boys who seem to eat nonstop), I’ve shopped at TJ, Whole Foods, Costco, Target, & the local grocery store. I’ve found TJ has the healthiest, cleanest foods for the best price. I got a weeks worth of groceries for just $100! Many items I can mix & match with different meals & get multi-use out of, including this scrumptious vegan soyaki recipe.
- Avocado oil
- Snap peas
- Diced onions
- Sliced zucchini
- Sliced mushrooms
- Pineapple chunks
- Riced broccoli (pre-made in bag for just $3)
- Red pepper flakes
- Trader Joes Island Soyaki sauce
- You’ll need a frying pan or wok. On medium heat add a couple tablespoons of avocado oil. Add the hard vegetables- snap peas, diced onions & sliced zucchini. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the hard vegetables have softened, add sliced mushrooms followed by pineapple chunks. Sauté additional 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Add riced broccoli. Mix everything.
- Add Island Soyaki sauce to your liking.
Essentially you just throw a bunch of vegetables in a pan & add some sauce, wa-la! The easiest meal you can make! Throw in some yummy tofu to make it more filling. Oh ya, and did I mention you can have as MUCH of this as you want?! Dig in, baby.