Okay so once your sweet baby boy or girl hits a certain age, hopefully anywhere between 7-12 months, your little one will be down to one long afternoon nap (roughly around 3 hours). This was the greatest thing to happen to me during motherhood (sorry, I’m not sorry). These 3 hours were amazing. I was able to catch up on dishes, laundry, personal errands and things to do around the house. However, I found myself still in mommy mode & running around taking care of everyone but myself. So, instead I decided to take one hour a day to kick my feet up & just relax in silence, avoiding life’s responsibilities if you will, haha.
So ladies, here is a list of some of my favorite binge-worth shows. Comment below for more suggestions, I love me a good show to binge watch!
- SONS OF ANARCHY (Netflix)
- Charlie Hunnam, masculinity, running guns, loyalty, bro hugs, motorcycles & more Charlie Hunnam damn near naked. It’s all the badass you could ask for. Thank me later.
- POWER (STARZ, Hulu)
- A sexy drug lord makes it out of the hood & has the life everyone dreams of, while living a double life as one of New York’s biggest druglords. The show keeps you on your toes & leaves you wanting more every time. Plus, his wife Tasha is the true definition of a ride or die.
- STRANGER THINGS (Netflix)
- This INCREDIBLE show is Goonies meets all things science fiction. The best part is that the main characters are young children who come together to find their lost friend, Will. You will fall in love with the soundtrack & even more so with all of the characters (especially Eleven). There is only one season so you can catch up right in time for the second season premiere on Oct. 27, 2017.
- THE HANDSMAID TALE (Hulu)
- This Hulu original & Emmy award winning series is set in Gilead, a totalitarian society in what used to be part of the United States. Gilead is ruled by a fundamentalist regime that treats women as property of the state & ultimately sex slaves. The main character exemplifies what it means to be a woman of strength, & a mother who won’t give up to find her daughter. Also, this show scares me because who knows what could actually happen in our modern day society.
- THE OA (Netflix)
- This show had a slow start, but around episode four I was hooked. Another science fiction meets modern day series, it is strangely beautiful. You are constantly wondering if OA is telling the truth or is mental. The final episode had me bawling & was so incredibly powerful. Like I said, beautiful.
- SHAMELESS (Showtime)
- If you come from a large, crazy, passionate family like me, you will fall in love with this twisted show. It’s a comedy-drama series eight years running & follows six tight nit children who are going & growing through life all on their own. From smoking pot for the first time to losing your virginity to getting caught stealing, these kids experience it all & venture to young adulthood. This show makes you realize neighborhoods & family upbringings such as the Gallaghers are real & made me feel grateful for the support I had as a kid.
- MAKING A MURDERER (Netflix)
- Dude. Sit back, turn your phone off, get the snacks ready, because you won’t leave your couch until this docu-series is over. It makes you pissed off at our judicial system & leaves a valid argument of ‘did Steven Avery do it?’
- THE JINK (HBO)
- I’d put this six part documentary in the same category as Making A Murderer. On the flip side, this series shows how money, status & connections are powerful tools when faced with multiple murders. That’s all I’ll say.. I don’t want to ruin the mind blowing ending for you.
- HOUSE OF CARDS (Netflix)
- With a stellar cast, this political drama put Netflix Originals on the MAP (literally, it was their first original series). This show has twisted my mind into believing that even the most sincere, likable politicians are manipulative ladder climbers at the core. You’ll view politics in a whole new way after HOC.
- FREAKS & GEEKS (Netflix)
- This show was sadly cancelled after just one season, but its’ star studded cast is one of Judd Apataw’s young, hilarious productions (Heavyweights, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, he’s a gangster). Cast includes young James Franco, Seth Rogan & Jason Segal. The show follows the misfit cast through all the awkward things teenagers go through & brings back so many memories as the viewer. It’s hilarious if you’re into that dry, dazed & confused-like humor.
Because these are nostalgic shows that will never get old & bring back way too many memories.
- Gossip Girl (Netflix)
- The OC (Hulu)
- One Tree Hill (Netflix)
- How I Met Your Mother (Netflix)