As a mother my mind & body are constantly running. My body is changing diapers & playing with the baby while my brain is running through my day’s To Do List, as well as already planning tomorrows’. You guys know what I’m talking about. Having said that some days I’m feeling like Super Mom & plan a 3 course dinner including all ingredients from scratch, and some days I’m so close to calling a pizza. On those days I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve for delicious, nutritious meals that take me all 15 minutes to make. They are SO easy but also taste real, so you don’t have that lazy, guilty feeling afterwards. Here ya go, enjoy!
TERRIYAKI CHICKEN & PEPPERS:
1 pound chicken, steak or tofu (or as much as you’d like)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 orange pepper
1 bottle teriyaki sauce
1 packet ready rice
- Wash, slice & chop peppers into 1 inch squares. Turn skillet onto medium heat, add avocado oil, then peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- While those are cooking cut chicken into 1 inch squares as well. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the chicken & cook until no longer pink.
- Once both the peppers & chicken are cooked, add cooked peppers to the large skillet or wok and mix together.
- Add as much or as little teriyaki sauce to the mixture & mix well. I like spicy, so my favorite go to sauce is House of Tseng Spicy Stir Fry Sauce. You can find this at any chain grocery store. Cook together for 2 more minutes.
- Moms best friend- Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. I use White Jasmine rice because it goes through your digestive tracks quicker than brown, but use whatever rice you’d like. 90 seconds in the microwave & you’re done.
- Serve rice, peppers & chicken together & just like that you made an easy, yummy, healthy meal for the whole family in under 15 minutes 🙂
PESTO CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
1 16 oz. box pasta shells
1 bag steam fresh broccoli florets
1 pound chicken
1 small jar pesto
1 jar light Alfredo sauce
Fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Cut chicken into 1 inch squares. Add avocado oil over medium heat skillet. Cook chicken 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. I like to add salt & pepper for flavoring.
- Separately, cook entire box of pasta over boiling water.
- Warm steam fresh broccoli in microwave for directed 4-6 minutes.
- Once everything has finished cooking, add pasta, broccoli & chicken into large glass baking dish. Mix in all of the pesto, desired salt, pepper, & red pepper flakes, and handful shredded parm cheese. I like to use the fresh shredded parmesan cheese you get in the gourmet cheese section, not the bagged fake stuff.
- Mix well. Add another handful of parmesan cheese to top.
- Cover with foil. Cook for 30 minutes & wa-la! Makes for great leftovers, too!
BLACK BEAN POWER BOWL:
1 can black beans
1 can diced green beans
1 can petite diced tomatoes
- On a stove top, cook black beans. Add diced tomatoes. I like to drain the liquid from the cans before I put into the pot.
- Cook green beans (I like to cook them separately).
- In a large bowl, mix black beans, tomatoes & green beans.
- Cook egg over medium (or however you like your eggs, ignore if Vegan).
- Add egg & diced avocado.
*This meal is one of my favorites because it literally takes you 5 minutes to make, plus it is packed with protein. It is so healthy & clean so you can really have as much as you want completely #guiltfree. You can add other vegetables or tofu for even more protein!
One thought on “3 Of The Easiest Meals You’ll Ever Make”
Am I blind or is this only two?? Anyway, I’m making them both soon to appear more put together than I actually am. Thanks!!