- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup organic BBQ sauce
- Optional: 1tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat oven o 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash & cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the water, gluten-free flower & the spices together- whisk to combine.
- Add cauliflower bites into the bowl & toss to cover in the batter well. Remove each piece of cauliflower from the bowl, tapping off the excess batter back into the bowl before placing on the prepped baking sheet. Make sure the cauliflower pieces are not touching when they bake, as the tend to stick together once they bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven, flip the pieces over on the tray & bake for an additional 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower pieces are roasting, prepare the sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. If omitting the vegan butter, skip this step. Add the hot sauce and the BBQ sauce into the pan & stir to combine until heated. Remove from heat & set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower pieces from the over, toss them into a large bowl & pour the sauce on them, tossing well until each piece is covered in the spicy sauce mixture. Place them back on the baking sheet one last time, & toss them back into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove & serve with chopped celery & store bought ranch, or try my friend Gracie’s vegan hemp seed ranch.